If you’re dealing with a septic system breakdown, it’s critical that you get professional help as quickly as possible. Prompt repairs will prevent the problem from getting worse.
Whether you need small septic repairs or you’re facing a full-blown septic emergency, Goodman Sanitation has you covered. Our licensed team has decades of experience performing a variety of repairs, and we offer emergency pumping services 24/7 to ensure you always have the support you need. For a free estimate on your repairs, call us today!
Signs Your Septic System Needs Repairs
Since septic tanks are located underground, many people miss the early signs of septic tank failure. To catch issues before they can cause damage or pose a health risk, look out for these signs that your septic tank needs repairs:
- Slow draining or frequent clogs
- Gurgling sounds in your drainage pipes
- Pools of water or squishy ground above drain field
- Foul odors near drain field or drainage pipes
- Unusually bright green grass above drain field
- Septic system backups or exposed sewage
All of these symptoms indicate that your septic system needs professional attention. If you are dealing with hazardous issues such as leaking sewage or flooding, contact Goodman for emergency services – operating 24 hours, 7 days a week!
Why Goodman Sanitation?
Septic malfunctions can be stressful, which is why we strive to make repairs as easy and affordable as possible. With our integrity-driven services, you can expect to receive candid recommendations that put your safety and budgetary needs first. To ensure you are receiving the highest quality workmanship possible, our team is:
- DEQ Licensed and Bonded
- Contractors Board Licensed
- Members of the National Association of Waste Transporters
- An approved onsite wastewater recycling treatment facility
- Committed to providing honest advice and reliable results
Need Help With Your Septic System?
Septic Repair FAQs
Though each situation is different depending on the damage or issue with your septic system, there are a few common repairs that the experts at Goodman regularly encounter. Here are some of the most common septic system repairs:
- Unclogging or replacing pipes: If water drains slowly or not at all, the pipes between your home or business and your septic tank may be clogged or broken.
- Add aerobic bacteria: Not a septic repair exactly, but if your septic tank doesn’t have enough aerobic bacteria to break down waste, we can add more.
- Clear inlet or outlet baffle clogs: We can clear your inlet baffle and clean or replace the effluent filter in your outlet baffle to keep things flowing.
As with any part of your home, your septic system will eventually decline over time. While age is one of the biggest reasons why septic tanks deteriorate, there are a number of other ways that your system could malfunction or become damaged. The most common reasons why septic systems fail include:
Septic tanks can last up to 25 years. That said, factors such as your system type and maintenance routine can have a significant impact on the overall lifespan of your system.
In some cases, septic damage or deterioration is inevitable. However, there are a few steps you can take to protect your system and prevent issues from developing. Some of the best ways to take care of your septic system include:
- Using high-efficiency water fixtures in your home
- Not letting solid items go down the drain
- Not driving over or planting on your drain field
- Regularly pumping, cleaning, and maintaining your system
If your septic system is severely damaged, it may be more cost effective to invest in a replacement than pay for individual repairs. However, you typically need a professional’s help to determine what the best course of action is. They will be able to perform a thorough inspection of damaged areas to provide recommendations for repairs or, if necessary, replacements.
At Goodman Sanitation, we understand how stressful septic system failures can be. That’s why we take a partnered approach to repairs, where we equip you with the information you need to make the best decision for your household and budget. When you need honest advice and reliable workmanship, you can count on Goodman.
Quality Repair Services in Portland OR
You can count on Goodman Sanitation as the go-to choice for quality septic repair services in the Portland OR area. We are licensed by the Department of Environmental Quality and have a strong commitment to providing honest advice and reliable workmanship. Our estimates are always free, and we’re delighted to service and repair your septic system to ensure it is in optimal working order. To get your free estimate, contact us today!