Need Help With Your Septic System?
Click below to leave your information and we'll call you back.
What Are Drainfields & How Do They Work?
A drainfield, also known as a leach field or disposal field, is an underground system of perforated pipes located next to your septic tank. These pipes separate contaminants from liquid after it leaves the septic tank, acting somewhat like a filter. To understand how drainfields work, it’s useful to know how your septic system functions as a whole:
- Wastewater from your house flows to the septic tank.
- Solid waste sinks to the bottom, and will eventually be pumped out.
- Bacteria in the tank breaks down liquid waste, such as fat or oil.
- The liquid flows through the drainfield, where it is naturally filtered by soil and absorbed into the ground.
Signs You Need a Drainfield Repair
- Pools of standing water on your drainfield
- Sewage odors in your home or near the drainfield
- Lusher or greener grass in your drainfield
- Slow drains and bathtubs or toilets not flushing
Reliable Drainfield Installation & Repair Services
With how important drainfields are to your septic system, it’s important to ensure yours is properly installed and reliably repaired. That’s why it is best to rely on experienced professionals, like those at Goodman Sanitation in Troutdale OR. Our skilled technicians have provided superior drainfield services to home and property owners for over 70 years, and we are able to use our expertise to provide you with top-tier workmanship and a quality customer experience. If you need drainfield repair or installation services, give us a call today!
Drainfield Installation in Portland OR
Serving Clackamas County