Regular septic maintenance is an important step in keeping your septic system functioning properly for years to come. Not only does maintenance improve your system’s performance, but it also allows you to catch potential issues that could lead to expensive and avoidable breakdowns.
Why Is Septic Maintenance So Important?
A failing septic system can be very damaging to your property and hazardous to you, your neighbors, and the environment. If sewage backs up and overflows across the surface of your drain field, you may be forced to abandon the area and install an entirely new septic system.
Not only are septic failures dangerous and difficult to clean, but they can become very expensive. Regular maintenance and inspections can prevent these problems and keep your septic system working seamlessly for years to come.
Need Help With Your Septic System?
Click below to leave your information and we'll call you back.
How Often Does My Septic Need Maintenance?
The ideal maintenance routine for your septic tank depends on a few factors, including your household size and type of system. If you aren’t sure how frequently your septic should be looked at, one of our experts would be happy to help you – or you can use these guidelines to determine how often your septic system needs maintenance:
- Gravity-fed systems: Gravity-fed systems are fairly simple and only need basic maintenance once every couple of years.
- Complex systems: Septics that are a little more complicated, like sand filter systems or Alternative Treatment Technologies, may need maintenance as frequently as every 6 months. An expert can inspect your system and advise you on the best maintenance routine.
Signs You Need Septic Maintenance
- Toilets, sinks, and bathtubs are draining slowly
- You hear gurgling sounds in your plumbing
- There are frequent plumbing backups in your home
- You notice foul sewage odors near the drainfield
Reliable Septic Tank Maintenance
With the help of the experts at Goodman Sanitation, you can rest assured that your septic system is in good hands. Our experienced professionals take a partnered approach to maintenance and strive to support the long-term health of your septic system. We have been serving home and property owners throughout the Portland OR metro area for over 70 years, and we are proud to offer proactive maintenance services that extend the life of your septic system. Contact us today to schedule your septic maintenance!
Septic Maintenance in Portland OR
Serving Clackamas County, Washington County, and Multnomah County