Septic troubles are the last thing you should have to worry about. However, our tanks get a lot of daily use and can accumulate significant buildup over time. That is why septic pumping is an important part of keeping your system in good shape.
If you are in need of quality septic pumping services, turn to the experts at Goodman Sanitation! With over 70 years of experience serving homeowners throughout the Troutdale OR area, we are confident that we can provide you with reliable results and an excellent customer experience. We can also help troubleshoot any potential problems that could lead to bigger issues down the road, so you can rest assured that your septic system is totally taken care of.
Why is Septic Tank Pumping Important?
It can be easy to forget about your septic system until there’s a major problem. However, pumping your septic tank is a crucial part of taking care of your system and avoiding serious problems. Here are some top reasons why it’s crucial to regularly pump your septic tank:
- Prevent biohazards. Untreated wastewater is very dangerous to your health, which is why a backed up or overflowing septic tank is such a big problem. Failing to pump your tank could cause major health complications for you, your neighbors, and anybody who comes into contact with contaminated water.
- Increase efficiency. Pumping your septic tank removes solid waste and buildup from your system, which allows the unit to function easily. Not only does this increase efficiency and help your plumbing system drain faster, but it can also prevent backups and other issues.
- Protect your property. If your septic becomes too full and floods your drainfield, it could cause a lot of damage to your property – especially if the wastewater reaches your home. A leaking septic tank is a huge problem that is easily preventable with regular maintenance and pumping.
- Avoid costly problems. Septic tank failures can cause all sorts of issues, from property damage to expensive repairs. Pumping a septic tank is a lot faster and more cost-effective than installing an entirely new system.
- Protect the environment. A leaking septic tank can have huge repercussions for the environment. Wastewater can contaminate soil and water sources, which can seriously impact local plant and animal life. Children may also be at risk of coming into contact with the contamination, especially if there is standing water nearby.
Need Help With Your Septic System?
Click below to leave your information and we'll call you back.
How Often Do I Need to Pump My Septic?
Most septic systems need to be pumped at least once every three years. That said, you may need to pump your septic more often depending on your system type, household size, and other factors. An expert can help you determine the best schedule for your system, but if you notice these signs then it may be time to pump your septic:
Reliable Septic Tank Maintenance
With the help of the experts at Goodman Sanitation, you can rest assured that your septic system is in good hands. Our experienced professionals take a partnered approach to maintenance and strive to support the long-term health of your septic system. We have been serving home and property owners throughout Troutdale OR for over 70 years, and we are proud to offer proactive maintenance services that extend the life of your septic system. Contact us today to schedule your septic maintenance!
Septic Pumping in Portland OR
Serving Clackamas County